Freitag, November 03, 2006

Quotations from Peter Pan

About lookers-on
However, as we are here we may as well stay and look. That is all we are, lookers-on. Nobody really wants us. So let us watch and say jaggy things, in the hope that some of them will hurt.

A family scene
There could not have been a lovelier sight; but there was noone to see it except a strange boy who was staring in at the window. He had ecstasies innumerable that other children can never know; but he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be for ever barred.

About becoming a man
Mrs. Darling told Peter that she had adopted all the other boys, and would like to adopt him also.
"Would you send me to school?" he inquired craftly.
"Yes."
"And then to an office?"
"I suppose so."
"Soon I should be a man?"
"Very soon."
"I don't want to go to school and learn solemn things." he told her passionately. "I don't want to be a man. No one is going to catch me and make me a man! I want to stay a boy forever and have fun."
And then he flew away. He took Mrs. Darling's kiss with him. The kiss that had been for no one else Peter took so easily.

Labels: