Mittwoch, Oktober 18, 2006

I think it's time

I'm caught up in a paradox. A paradox between woman and girl.

Thinking back, I've always been quite naive about certain things... things like magic or true love. Or that all your dreams would come true when you've grown up.
I don't believe in fairies anymore.
On the outside, what you see, standing in front of me, looks mature. And I am. Sometimes.
But sometimes, I'm not. I'm hopelessly romantic, still dreaming about what the BackStreetBoys sing in their ballads. I always believe what people tell me; eventhough the other guy ran off without paying the hotelbill he owns me. And what about my knight in shining armor, taking me on adventures?

I think it's time for me to let go of these childlike attitudes. I feel I can't go out into the great wide world like this.
I think it's time for me to grow up.

Labels: